Thursday, July 15, 2010

Stephen Silver Character Design Assignment: Using The Basic Shapes


Part of this week's assignment for Stephen Silver's Character Design Class, we had to create a realistic image from a photograph he gave us. I did a digital gouache version of it above.

Once we did the realistic version, we then had to put the image away and use elements from it that we remembered to create characters using a circle, a triangle and a square. This was a great exercise, I found there were times when I would draw a feature of the face and it just didn't feel like it belonged within the main shape of the head, and I'd redraw the feature to something that felt like it belonged with the total shape. I'll definitely keep doing this type of exercise as a practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment