Sunday, December 6, 2009

Backyard Visitors

Last Saturday, we ended up having a few surprise visitors in our backyard. A mother and her two fawns. They ended up staying about half an hour just munching on leaves and laying in the grass. They must be used to people, they let my wife and I get to within 6 feet from them. I must have taken about 200 photos.

One of the fawns got up from laying in the tall grass in a really interesting way. If I was forced to animate it without reference, I don't think there is any way in the world I would have come up with having him roll forward on his wrists. Then to prop himself up to get the other front hoof on the ground.
I couldn't quite make out everything that was going on because of the high grass. I did some sketches as an action analysis to try to figure out exactly what was happening.


Even sticking her tongue out at the camera doesn't keep them from being welcomed in my backyard anytime.


No comments:

Post a Comment